Our prize package includes the opportunity to perform at Lucidity Festival: Rising Dawn, + (2) 3-day Festival Passes.
How this works:
1- Download the Elemental Sample Pack
2- Create your original music track using at least 10 samples from the Elemental Sample Pack (Track should be 3-6 minutes in length and consist of at least 10 of the music samples provided)
3 – Submit your track, follow all steps defined in the Hive contest, and also submit a Lucidity Musician Application
4 – Fans vote for Tracks
5 – 1 Winner from the top 10 contestants will be selected by Lucidity music curators and asked to provide a 30 minute set before being approved for their own set at Lucidity Festival.
6 – Winner Announced
December 1 – Track submission & Voting begins
December 31 – Track submission ends 11:59pm PST
January 6 – Voting ends 11:59pm PST
January 8 – Winner is announced
Rules and regulations of the contest:
- ORIGINAL tracks can be submitted via Hive contest beginning December 1st, and we will continue to accept submissions until December 31st at 11:59 pm PST.
- To be considered for a set at Lucidity, contestants must also submit a Lucidity Musician Application.
- Submitted tracks must be UNRELEASED prior to the contest start date, which covers singles, EPs, LPs, and compilations on major and independent labels, free/paid releases via Bandcamp, and free downloads/streams on SoundCloud.
- Tracks must REMAIN UNRELEASED until the contest is over (January 6th).
- Artists retain the rights of ownership of their work.
- By entering this contest, you agree to share what you create with Lucidity Festival under the Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 License (Full Terms). Creative Commons allows an artist to “retain copyright while allowing others to copy, distribute, and make some uses of their work.” All work licensed from you will be used exclusively for promotional purposes. Lucidity Festival will never make money directly from the sale of media for which we do not have a supplemental commercial agreement.
- Only submit ONE track per DJ/producer. If you submit more than one, only your first entry will be considered.
- DO NOT submit MIXES, REMIXES, or STOLEN WORK. (Yes, we understand DJs create mixes, but we want ORIGINAL, SINGLE tracks for this particular competition.)
- Track should be 3-6 minutes in length and consist of at least 10 of the music samples provided
- Voting by the public will take place from December 1 – January 6
- NO bot voting
- NO voting incentives (i.e. “each voter gets a free iPad”)
- NO voting raffles (i.e. “we’ll take one lucky voter to each festival with us”)
If you have any questions about the submission process, or to verify that your track has been properly submitted, please contact email@example.com.
The contest is restricted to residents of the United States. Winner will be responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the festival. Additionally, they will be responsible for bringing equipment necessary to perform at the festival, and are subject to the standard contract of Lucidity Festival Musicians. Lucidity Festival reserves the right to choose when and where to schedule the winners’ slots. The winner may not be afforded full artist privileges.
Lucidity Festival reserves the right to not select a winner based on contestant eligibility. In order to book a set at Lucidity Festival, the contestant must meet requirements defined by our music curation process.